Diamond Jubilee Town Hall, Kirton in Lindsey, North Lincolnshire

Client:

Trustees of Kirton in Lindsey Diamond Jubilee Town Hall

Architect:

Fowkes McIntyre, Nottingham

This important building dating from 1897 was comprehensively repaired and refurbished with the help of a £900,000 grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund. The project incorporated a new sympathetically designed extension to provide improved access facilities incorporating a new stair and lift core and other ancillary rooms.

It is located in the heart of the local community and acts as an important venue for weddings, conferences and other community based activities.

Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, was guest of honour at the official opening.

Epworth Old Rectory, North Lincolnshire

Client:

Trustees of Epworth Old Rectory

Architect:

Rodney Melville & Partners, Leamington Spa

The Old Rectory was built in 1709 and became the childhood home of John and Charles Wesley, founders of the Methodist movement. It is an important grade I listed building and was acquired by the Church and opened to the public in 1957.

The Trustees aim to restore the interior of the house to how it would have appeared in the early 18th Century as well as carry out repairs to the external fabric and improvements to the ancillary buildings.

Budget estimates are being prepared and the Trustees are seeking funding opportunities.

Woodhall Spa Cottage Museum, Lincolnshire

Client:

Woodhall Spa Cottage Museum Trust

Architect:

GMS Architecture, Louth

A community museum housing an extensive photographic archive and other artefacts providing a rich insight into early 20th Century life.

Budget estimates were prepared for grant submission purposes for the comprehensive restoration of the existing museum, repairs to ancillary buildings and landscape improvements.

Maurice Dobson Museum and Heritage Centre, Darfield, Nr. Barnsley

Client:

Darfield Area Amenity Society Ltd

Architect:

Martin Stancliffe Architects, York

This semi-derelict 18th C listed building was subject to a comprehensive scheme of restoration and refurbishment to provide a local heritage and amenity centre. The elevations were re-rendered with a lime render, the roof re-covered in stone slates and the interiors fully refurbished.

The refurbished building incorporated a café and provided display space for a collection of domestic bygones, themed displays of local life from times past and antiques. The café area also doubles up as a gallery space and arts workshop.

The project was grant aided by the HLF and the European Regional Development Fund.

New Parish Centre, St. Mary’s RC Church, Selby

Client:

Diocese of Leeds

Architect:

Martin Stancliffe Architects, York

A new build parish centre to provide much needed space for the Church and parishioners. The building, attached to the existing 19th C Church, is contemporary in design, with a standing seam zinc roof, hardwood doors and screens and a combination of natural stone and render to the external walls.